Eligibility for entry:
- Each athlete can only participate in one race category. Upon confirmation, registration cannot be cancelled and all paid registration fee will not be refunded;
- If the Organizing Committee discovers that a participant registers for another category/race with different data, his/her participation will be cancelled and all paid registration fees will not be refunded;
- All quota, number bib and timing chip cannot be exchanged, resold or transferred to other participants under any circumstances; or else, the participants will be disqualified. All paid registration fees will not be refunded.
Each race has the following time limit:
||1 hour and 40 mins
||1 hour and 15 mins
- The Organizing Committee will set up several time limit points along the course of 10K and Fun Run and all participants are required to pass through the time limit points. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to stop any participants who do not pass the time limit points before the specified time limit;
- The location of the time limit points and the respective time limit will be decided by taking into account the road condition, and the details will be announced before the start of the race. All participants must comply with the time limit;
- All sections of the race course will be closed after the time limit as mentioned in the above;
- Participants who cannot complete the courses within the time limit must follow the instruction of the Organizing Committee to leave the course as safety measures for participants will be removed;
- The route was certificated by an official AIMS delegate in accordance with the World Athletics regulations.
- Participants of 10K and Fun Run will be provided a number bib with a timing chip;
- Participants must follow the instructions of the Organizing Committee to wear the number bib with timing chip during the race, in particular that the number bib must be worn on the chest;
- Upon receipt of the number bib and timing chip, athletes should check their conditions and keep them safe for the race. In case of damaged, bended or wrongly-placed timing chip, or incomplete results recorded by the chip due to poor maintenance or interference by other personal items, the Organizing Committee reserves the right to disqualify the athlete’s result;
- Electronic Chips Timing System is used for the race which provides Official Time (Gun Time) and Personal Times (Chip Time/Net Time) for each participant. Results will be based on the Official Time in accordance with World Athletics standards;
- Participants should pass the checkpoints according to the instruction of the Organizing Committee. Should any checkpoint record be deemed incomplete, the participants will not be listed in the general classification and their result will not be counted.
Medals and certificates for finishers:
- Participants who finished the race within the time limit shall be awarded a medal and a certificate. Participants can download the certificate through the following website: www.marathon-photos.com;
- Participants who finished the race within the time limit should present the number bib to collect the medal at the finish line. If the slip on the number bib is missing, the medal will not be provided. Only in exceptional cases, the medals will not be re-distributed;
- For those participants who cannot complete the races within the time limit mentioned above, medals and certificates will not be provided, and their results will not be recorded and listed in the general classification;
- Number bib and timing chip cannot be exchanged or transferred to other participants under any circumstances; or else, the participants will be disqualified and no certificate will be provided;
- Should there be any mistakes found on the certificate, participants are required to contact the Organizing Committee before 20 April 2023 for alteration. Request after that date will not be accepted.
Doping control test
- The Organizing Committee will conduct a doping test on 10K. The arrangements are as follows:
|General Classification (Male & Female)
Three to be chosen at random from 2nd to 10th place
|Macao Winners (Male & Female)
One to be chosen at random from 2nd to 5th place
- Any participants who fail to pass the Doping Control test will have their ranking and prize cancelled;
- All male and female participants are required to attend the doping control test in accordance with World Athletics rules.
- According to the rules & regulations, any appeals must be reported to the “Technical & Appeal Council” within 30 minutes after the results announcement by filling an appeal form, and the form must be returned within 45 minutes after the results announcement. An appeal fee of MOP800 or US$100 should be paid together with the appeal form. The Technical & Appeal Council only accepts the appeal application based on the above mentioned procedure; should the appeal be accepted, the appeal fee will be refunded;
- Any complaints, comments or appeals that do not fall in the above terms and conditions should be reported to “Referees and Umpires” instead.
Safety policies and regulations for participants:
- Participants are recommended to have a self-assessment of one’s own health condition for race participation and should undergo full practice before registering for the race;
- The Organizing Committee strongly recommends all athletes to seek doctor’s advice and undergo body check before the race to ensure they are fit to take part in the race. Athletes who are pregnant or have chronic diseases such as heart disease or high blood pressure are not suitable to take part in the race;
- The act of registration implies that the participant declares that his/her health condition is adequate for participating in the race, and that he/she takes full responsibility for any health changes that appear during the race;
- If participants feel unwell during the race, they should inform the nearby staff at once;
- To ensure safety of participants, the Organizing Committee will take measures to keep the course in well order, and participants must comply with the instructions of the staff;
- The Organizing Committee will try their best to secure the safety of participants, and will provide necessary support in case of any accidents or force major occurred during the race. But the Organizing Committee shall not be held liable for any accident including the casualties of the participants, during the race;
- Except for race officials, any person without a valid number bib for the 2023 Sands China Macao International 10K will not be allowed to enter the race course. Violators of this rule will be asked to leave the course immediately;
- Non-OC staff and non-participants (including family members, audience, etc.) should not enter the course due to safety reasons;
- In accordance with Article 6 of the World Athletics Competition Rules, the Organizing Committee shall have the right to disqualify any participants who have been confirmed in any way in receiving foreign assistance on the course;
- Public Liability Insurance is covered by Organizing Committee. Participants are advised to take up their own personal or other insurance policies separately, if necessary.
- The race may be cancelled if typhoon signal no.3 or above is hoisted, or if a rainstorm signal is still in force in 3:00am on Sunday, 19 March 2023, or any non-attributable factors. Participants should refer to news updates and online announcement. Should the event be cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control the Organizing Committee or in the case of force major, 50% of registration fee will be refunded before 20 September 2023, and the Organizing Committee shall have no further responsibility and/ or liability thereafter.